Promoting Reading and Writing
- Carlos Teixeira, Paula Vaz
- FROM : 05-09-2018 - TO : 2021
- REFERENCE : NORTE-08-5266-FSE-000160
: 56.000 €
The project Promoting Reading and Writing falls under the Integrated and Innovative Plan to Combat School Retention in the school centers included in the Intermunicipal Community Terras de Trás-os-Montes (CIM-TTM). It is a project to train educators and teachers in order to improve teaching-learning practices in reading and writing with children at the beginning of formal learning, promoting the development of reading and writing skills, with consequences in their school success. The main objectives of the Project are related to the development of professional competences of educators and teachers considering a more effective performance in order to improve their skills in the two mentioned competences. At the end of this project, the professionals should be able to: (i) develop a differentiated pedagogical action, particularly in the context of reading and writing skills, able to promote educational success; (ii) detect early reading and writing problems and act with effectiveness on these problems; (iii) design and carry out actions to promote the development of reading and writing skills, using analogic and digital support; (iv) develop actions based on collaborative work, articulating reading and writing skills with the holistic development of the child; (v) reflect on the pedagogical processes, expressing openness to innovation and change practices in a perspective of professional development.
The project will be developed in three phases:
(1) assess the reading skills of children, attending the last year of pre-school education and the 1st cycle of basic education (school centers of the municipalities of Bragança integrated in the CIM-TTM);
(2) carry out pedagogical actions promoting the acquisition and development of reading and writing skills;
(3) evaluate and disseminate the obtained results.